Dead Santa

For all discussion directly related to ARC's in-game minor faction
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: Dead Santa

Postby Dayrth » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Bad news. Still no war.

Bloody FANTASTIC news! The ELECTION has started (between us and Santa Muerte Cooperative).
All hands to the campaign trail :D
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:39 pm

Well we are on the way. Spent a good 3 hours doing missions for ARC. Quite a lot of Poll Delivery election missions too. Frank was on the case as well by the time I left. As the tick was not until about 5 this evening there isn't likely to be another until tomorrow evening, by which time I will be away for the weekend. If anyone sees the results then, please would you post them so I can keep track while I'm away. Ta :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture
Ships Owned: Python

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:33 pm

I'll keep the latest opinion polls or election results posted here.

I was knee deep in diplomatic bags when you said goodbye.

......... ARC SMC
4th Aug 57% 28%
5th Aug 63% 24%
6th Aug 64% 24%
Last edited by Frank on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:06 am

Jumped in game for a spell tonight, managed to do a couple of poll delivery missions and picked up some long overdue assassination missions for ARC in Santa Muerte as well... unfortunately, fell foul of a few over-zealous bounty hunters (good grief, you very slightly blow up a few cop ships and suddenly everybody hates your guts, what's that about? Oh, right...) and limped away with low hull - what in the hell have they done to my precious FAS? It's near useless now - only to dock at the only station without repair capability in a system where I'm wanted and have just managed to turn a bounty due to expire tomorrow into a freshly extended week-long one.

This is why I shouldn't play Elite late at night. I fly tired, I make mistakes. Tomorrow I fly back to Zaonce, grab the Python and try the mission that way. It might even be time to retire the FAS.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:11 am

The suicide Sidewinder doesn't appear to work these days. It's so easy for a dormant bounty to become active with a very simple scan. I still got days left on my bounty, and it makes supporting this election... interesting.

I picked one of those persistent little bounty hunters last night. I found the most effective way of dealing with them was to submit and jump repeatedly until I reached the nearest station and then lure them in to the guns of that station.

It's a shame Clauss Platform refused to drop assassination missions when we decided to team up last night. I wouldn't mind blowing something up. After that first attempt at the Diplomatic Bag mission where we blew up the baddie and we were told the mission failed because of that, I started just leaving the baddie completely alone and flying off without hurting them.

I don't know if what happened to me was a bug or if things were "working as intended". I'd stripped off my stellar scanner previously to make room for mining equipment. When I went to replace it, the outfitters only had the most basic one. Well I took a diplomatic bag mission, turned up to the allotted system at the allotted time and honked my scanner... nothing!

That's when I thought that maybe a bargain basement scanner might be the culprit. I started flying from planet to planet honking all the way. Eventually I had to give up looking for them because the allotted time had expired. I aborted the mission instead of allowing it to fail because I do believe this has less of a negative effect on influence.

The election is a foregone conclusion. The people of Santa Muerte would have to be complete and utter moronic idiots to choose the Santa Muerte Co-op over us. Erm.. I think I'd better start campaigning harder.
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:47 am

The mission system is still quite bugged - I took two kill missions for ARC from Clauss Port... one failed shortly after jumping to the target system because of a flurry of "Mission Critical Update" messages that passed through every stage of the mission including failure in about six seconds, despite the mission having a 24 hr timer and being well within its slot because the target would only be around for a small window, the other was planetary but pitched an SRV against Elite System Authority Cobras and Vipers in such a way that I couldn't even get close to the target.

The mission system and magic NPCs are starting to bug me, which is why right now I am in Sagar about haul more tea to Ambika for the CG, because this aspect of the game works and is more or less balanced. If anybody wants to join me I could do with a bit of combat support, particularly since there is a complimentary security CG in Ambika (I'm signed up to both but I'm mainly encountering Deadly and Elite NPCs in FGS, Pythons and Clippers... not fun for a D-rated, trade fitted Python).
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Frank wrote:The suicide Sidewinder doesn't appear to work these days. It's so easy for a dormant bounty to become active with a very simple scan. I still got days left on my bounty, and it makes supporting this election... interesting......

The suicide Sidewinder only helps in other systems. Bounty hunters won't see a dormant bounty. In the system that issued the bounty, any scan will reactivate it.
My second account was a good investment. Basic ED, £10 in the sale, but it means that Commander A-R-C can go around blowing up police vessels when needed then slink off to a safe distance and the spotless commander Dayrth can take over to do the missions. :D

Sealurk wrote:....the other was planetary but pitched an SRV against Elite System Authority Cobras and Vipers in such a way that I couldn't even get close to the target......

I've found that it is pointless to take on planetary base attack missions solo if the base has more than one +. Even one plus is not easy. Any more and you need a wing with one ship kitted out as a bomber. While he takes out the bases fixed defences the other ship or ships have to handle the security ships. Only once they have been dealt with can you send in the SRV.

I'm back home now, but will only be popping in and out of the game this afternoon. Should be available for winging up from tomorrow evening.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:39 pm

That's it! We done it! Clauss Platform is now in the hands of the Alliance Rapid-Reaction Corps. The election is still ongoing so I don't want to chance anything by doing missions for Clauss until one of you can confirm we've bagged the station.

But right now.. I'm grabbing myself a tot of whisky <wide beaming grin>
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Just poured myself a Jamesons :D
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:13 pm

It was 45 days ago that we first decided to try and take Dead Sanata. It's been a VERY long hard struggle. The fact that we have succeeded at last is entirely down to the hard work and persistence of everyone here. :D
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “ARC Minor Faction”