Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Re: Dead Santa

Postby Sealurk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:54 pm

With some luck I may actually be able to join you Frank, if that's of any use. I'm currently in my FAS in LHS 20 but since the new update it's lack of shield strength means it has become vastly less useful in combat, so I may head back to Zaonce, swap some weapons and modules between the FAS and my Python and head out to see if I can do anything to help, even if it's just running interference.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Frank
Vulture
Ships Owned: Python

Postby Frank » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Okay, that's something to bear in mind. I did think that was something to do with it so I tried spawning the mission as far from the planet as I could. There was a bonus spawning far from the planet. The black boxes were sitting rock steady in space. The collectors were too slow so what I did was just scooped them up manually. It took four attempts but I did eventually manage to complete the mission.. and without any more deaths <yay>
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:03 pm

Sorry about that Sealurk. I got ninja'd there. As you can see I did eventually manage the mission, but there are other missions I might need help with. Some of those assassination missions can be quite heavy going. If I see you out there I hope you don't mind if I holler for help.

And of course that goes the other was as well. I'll be happy to lend a hand to get this darned silly election over an done with, so we can get back to the serious business of fighting <grin>
Wes Garth
Viper
Ships Owned: Asp Explorer "Yojimbo", Federal Assault Ship "Ronin"

Postby Wes Garth » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Back in action. Sorry Frank for not being able to respond but good to hear you managed to complete the mission :-) Got some last minute wedding arrangements to sort out but hopefully, I can relax in Elite this weekend (fingers crossed)
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:36 pm

Had a fun though not overly successful evening in Dead Santa, my first contribution to ARC activities in some time. Winged up with Frank but couldn't find any decent missions so we spent time interdicting system authority vessels and struggling to kill many because they refuse to fight fair and call in all their mates. The FAS isn't well equipped for small, nippy targets so I headed back to Zaonce, grabbed my Vulture out of storage and made the trek back to Dead Santa... at which point repeated matchmaking problems made the game almost unplayable. We got a few targets, so it wasn't completely wasted, and I'll try and get back in game again tomorrow or the day after.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:10 am

We did manage to take down an Anaconda before the cops arrived <grin>. We did a bit of undermining and I did a couple of missions. The ARC influence is rising in Santa Muerte, and the election is over in Aasgaa, so everything is moving in the right direction.
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Over Santa Muerte?.. I'll never get over Santa Muerte

Sealurk asked a good question as we were trying to complete a mission to help our standing in Santa Muerte. We've been at it a long time and we don't seem to be getting anywhere. Should we be switching targets?

My argument is a simple one that it is sitting on the cusp of war or election for a while now, and like someone who's waiting for a bus that's broken down I'm standing at the bus stop looking at my watch saying "It should be here any minute now"

The problem with all the expansion that the ARC has had is that it is now difficult to keep an eye on all the activity and make sure that we can guide the BGS to the war that we want, to capture control of a more strategically-placed system and turn more of the galaxy into Alliance powers. I still think it is the best target, and even though the job is a lot tougher than it was before the 2.1 update, I still did find the cop killing was a lot of fun when there were three of us in the wing.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:44 pm

Frank wrote:My argument is a simple one that it is sitting on the cusp of war or election for a while now, and like someone who's waiting for a bus that's broken down I'm standing at the bus stop looking at my watch saying "It should be here any minute now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXiB5n883I
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:46 pm

Partially successful wing. Took a few attempts for me to join and when I did I could not hear Sealurk at all :(

It was a working wing of three though and eventually even nav lock worked, so better than anything I have managed recently. :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:07 pm

I do hope the networking is sorted soon. Having three in the wing did make the task of Santa Muerte Coop bashing... possible. And it look like we will need to resort to those tactics. The latest post in the Background Sim thread makes it sound like we should be shooting for 70% instead of 60%. That sort of figure is only possible by means slightly more percussive than shipping goods for the ARC.

Return to “ARC Minor Faction”