Dead Santa

For all discussion directly related to ARC's in-game minor faction
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: Dead Santa

Postby Dayrth » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:34 am

Had some major connection problems last night. Did manage to get to Aasgaa and do one mission, but that was about it. I will try again this evening.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture
Ships Owned: Python

Postby Frank » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:03 pm

I hope those connection problems are resolved. It was taking ages to connect to the mission boards, and sometimes took multiple attempts. I did manage a few missions to get those voters onto the ARC side, and I also did a couple of missions at Santa Muerte just to keep our influence up.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:48 am

Connections seemed to be OK yesterday. I did manage a few missions in Aasgaa, but due to an 'unfortunate' incident, I ended up being wanted. For a LOT of bounty. Consequently I too went off to Dead Santa and seeing that our influence was falling I did some missions there. I think I will hang out in Dead Santa for a few days. Just until the Aasgaa 'situation' blows over ;)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:37 am

Luckily I've managed to clear any bounties I had by dying a few times. I had been doing Santa Muerte missions but I stalled a bit last night and could use a little help. I picked up one of those salvage missions, worth quite a bit of dosh, but there's a bunch of angry ships waiting for me to try and take the stuff. They are really angry. I even tried switching to a stealth cobra and pinch the stuff from under their noses. I guess stealth was never my style.

I could use another ship to run interference whilst I'm grabbing the goodies. I'll be on tonight at 7:00 (6:00 Galactic Mean Time). If you can't help out then I'll put on my best suit, flatten down my hair and go kiss a few babies in Aasgaa. I'll show them what a great bunch of blokes the ARC are
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:16 pm

I am likely to be working a bit late tonight, but may be able to make it back for 7. I'll give you a shout as soon as I get in game.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Okay, there's no rush. The mission stays active even if I die, as I have found out <sigh>

I'm sure I'll find plenty to do until you show up.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:42 pm

That was annoying.

Logged on this evening ti try and help Frank out with his mission and found I had to do an update. That done winged up and off we went. Frank found his mission signal source and I nav locked on to him. He dropped out and so did I, but I found myself 12 million km away. Tried again and again. Nav locked and not. I just could not get in to the same area as Frank. Every time I tried it put me further and further away. I suspect it is a bug introduced by the update. I have reported it.

I am away until Sunday now. Hopefully it will be fixed by then and we'll give it another go.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:51 am

I know I said that I was going to wait until you could give me a hand, but this mission is like an annoying splinter. One of the fixes in the bug report is that there was a cure to interdictions too close to planets. This cure and the new bug might be related. I'm going to see if I can get the mission source to spawn further away from the planet, and if I throw a few more ships at the problem I might come up with a viable plan by the weekend.

The current plan is that I fire off my collectors as soon as I land in normalspace and then I first tackle the Eagle, followed by the Sidewinders. Hopefully by the time they're dealt with, the cops will have arrived to tackle the Anaconda. The baddies have never shot out my collector drones but I've had a certain battle blindness as to seeing if the black boxes have been destroyed by the baddies. If you, Dayrth, can join me at the weekend then our normal wing tactics apply, everyone concentrates fire on the same ship until it's dead, but if you can keep a cooler head than me, keep an eye on those black boxes to see if they are indeed being destroyed. In fact if Wes is around as well, I could use a hand, or anyone else who's reading this forum... help!

The problem with the procedurally generated missions is that there's a feeling in the back of my head that this mission is in fact impossible. If the first thing the fleet of baddies does when it first joins the instance is to shoot out the black boxes then there is no way this mission can be completed. If seen other impossible missions. There's a mission update that asks you while you're reading it if you can deliver the goods faster, like within a couple of seconds, followed immediately by a message saying "ah well, nevermind. Continue with your delivery as planned".

I now wish I hadn't mentioned impossible missions. That tune is now going to echo in my mind all day now <sigh>
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:32 am

Not the best film (nothing will be as good as the original series though), but the best version of the theme imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJ3QnrD3k0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdpP6ynPbiY
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Getting some feed back from my bug report. It seems that it may not have anything to do with the update. Apparently being close to a gravity well (we were very close to the planet), screws with dropping out of SC in the right place.
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “ARC Minor Faction”