Wing Training - General Discussion

ARC's regular wing training sessions are discussed here.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: Wing Training

Postby Dayrth » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:59 am

No training for me next week. I will be away again :( I will be back for training on 17th.

There is a possibility that Xakaz can join in then so I will be trying to start a bit earlier to fit in with his playing times. Going to try and be back in time to start at 6pm BST.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:07 am

It being Thursday, I will be heading off to Leesti this evening for wing training, if anyone would like to join me.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Xakaz
Cobra

Postby Xakaz » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:09 am

On beta servers or live servers?
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:22 am

Live servers. Not everyone has access to beta.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Xakaz
Cobra

Postby Xakaz » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 am

Everyone has access now - it is stress testing by FDev. But, I'm agree on live servers.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:39 pm

I had forgotten that. I hope to be on line about 17:00 GMT
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:08 am

Wing training last night was good, Xakaz, Frank and myself met up in the usual place, swapped in to Sidys and grabbed some cans of bio waste. Out in the void the cans were dropped, we moved to a set distance and on the word raced to see who could grab the most. Frank owned that game. He was almost unbeatable, but Xakaz did manage to win the last round (I was last every time :oops: ). There were a lot of other commanders around Leesti and we drew some attention. One in particular could not understand why there were three high ranking commanders in a wing all flying Sidewinders. Xakaz told him we had 'all been ganked and didn't have enough money for insurance.' :lol:

After that game we went out looking for trouble. Didn't take long to find it. Beating up the big ships in a little 'pack of piranhas' is great fun. At one point I was interdicted by a Conda. I managed to stay out of his line of sight and even eventually dropped his shields, but he had a friend in a DBS and I could not avoid taking damage from him, so legged it.

That's where the evening started to go wrong for me. I was on my way back for repairs when more trouble appeared. Xakaz was in a fight and I though I would help out. Turned out I was no help at all and got myself blown up. No problem though I. I'll just get the free sidewinder rather than pay 700 cr for exactly the same ship. Off I flew, but could not find my wing-mates anywhere. Then Xakaz spotted that I was in Shinrarta Dezhra. What was I doing here? Last place I had docked was Leesti. It was getting late (very late for Xakaz in Siberia), so we called it a night. I got myself a better FSD and headed back to Leesti. When I got there I picked up my Python and decided to head back to Zaonce before rapping up. Almost as soon as I hit SC I was interdicted by a commander in an FDL. I dropped and we had a bit of a fight. I was clearly loosing so made a run for it. Almost instantly I was tagged again but this time managed to avoid the interdiction. Then within a couple of seconds interdicted again and could not shake it. I was dropped from SC taking damage and set upon by a wing of two one of which was the FDL. Before my FSD had cooled down I had lost thrusters and a few moments later my beloved 'Epiphany Rising' was a cloud of floating scrap :(

Thankfully not the end of the world though. I don't fly without insurance. A lesson I learned the hard way a long time ago ;)

I have finally set a date for something I have been intending to do for some time. I will be taking an extended break soon. Not from the game, but from civilised space. I did a bit of exploring ages ago in an Asp and always wanted to do more. Now I have a working Python I intend to spend a month or so out in the black. I'm not going yet though. I thought I would wait for Horizons. This would give me a bit of time to help get the new faction settled in. Also it would be very cool to be the first person to LAND on an undiscovered world. So I intend to go a wandering in January. I will still be about on the forums though and try and keep abreast of the Alliance war situation so I can keep the call to arms posts updated.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Xakaz
Cobra

Postby Xakaz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:42 am

It seems like if you grab free sidey as rebuy option then you have been spawned (damn this grammar) in system where you start your game. Happens once for me - during Bast bounty hunting CG I shot at clearly wanted ship not fully scanned by me yet - I got small bounty and at this time I was unfamiliar with new bounty system (I could not pay my bounty out). I decided to grab stock sidey and suicide. Then I chose free sidey as rebuy option and been respawned in LHS 3447 - system, where I start game. It was frustrating.

It was awesome experience last night. Thank you, guys.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Had the day off yesterday, thought I'd hang about doing stuff in the Lave cluster so I was in the right place for training. Humbled about doing missions most of the day. Then came 5 o'clock and.... Power cut. Didn't get power back until after 10. :( I will try and be there next Thursday, power company willing.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:11 am

Looks like Frank wont be about for wing training today. I can be at Leesti this evening if anyone else wants to have a go. If not we will leave it for this week :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “Wing Training”