If so, let me know and if we get enough people who can be online at the same time we can go into private group and spend some time just going over how wings work both in and out of combat situations. Additionally/alternatively, we can discuss wings in this thread to get people up to speed. Any takers? Any questions?
A further bonus is possible combat training against each other, i.e. sparring or mock dogfights, partly for PVP practice and partly for the hell of it. Dayrth, Sanctuary and I have attempted this once and it sort of worked, but we could try again with a few provisos:
- Wing up to ensure no crimes committed, i.e. assault.
- No hull damage - the winning condition is to drop your opponent's shields.
- No time limit - fight until one of you loses your shields.
- Rounds are one on one only except with prior agreement (i.e. two small ships versus one big ship).
- Ships start facing each other at 1km distance (have your opponent targeted).
- Both pilots comm designated referee with "Ready" who will either fire weapon or flash ship lights to indicate when to start.