No training for me today

ARC's regular wing training sessions are discussed here.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

No training for me today

Postby Dayrth » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:53 am

No training for me today :( Because, with any luck I will be setting up my new rig :D

The last bits of my new PC should arrive today so I will be busy getting that built this evening. I will be away as usual tomorrow and because it is a bank holiday weekend I won't be back until Monday evening. Next week though, I hope to be back in game with a super wizzy machine and will see what I can do to get ARC in control of Dead Santa :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture
Ships Owned: Python

Re: No training for me today

Postby Frank » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:58 am

That's a shame Dayrth. I could really use the help <sigh>

I will be around in the A-R-C group fighting in the combat zone. If anyone fancies winging up it will be a big help to me. I'm finding the FAS heavy going,
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 pm

That's the war in Santa Muerte over. What's the best way to topple the ruling faction? There's only the one station. Should we just undermine them by killing all their ships? Or does that just cause a lock-down?
Kempinski
Cobra
In-game name: Vincent Cable
Ships Owned: Trade-fitted Anaconda
Vulture
DBX
Several Sidewinder station bookmarks dotted about the place

Postby Kempinski » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:39 pm

Awight boys?

So, RL has gone mental again. Just suspended 2 staff, already gigantically understaffed, lots of unpaid overtime for me :-(

Don't be a boss.

Still - we won the Battle of Dead Santa!! woop! I just did a quick tour of our home-to-be and a quick mission in Tianve.

I am totally up for ensuring this is ours. Undermining sounds like Very Good Fun.

How do we do it? Just interdict & destroy the controlling faction's ships? Do they have to be traders?

Over this weekend I will mostly be doing this in snatches of time between emergency cover shifts, but if you see me online give us a poke and we can wing up and cause havoc!
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:31 am

A good way of undermining the ruling faction is to kill authority vessels. You will of course get HUGE bounties and be unwelcome in the system (although iirc that all gets sorted out if and when the system flips). You need to keep building up ARC at the same time. No point bringing down the ruling faction unless we are firmly in second place. Get the two factions close enough in influence of course and we will have another war. Then we just have to win that one.

I am still building my new rig. I will be away until Monday, but am hopeful I can finish it then. Once I'm up and running I intend to do the above, so if you don't fancy being wanted concentrate on doing missions for ARC, failing (not abandoning) missions for the ruling faction etc.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 am

I'm going to climb into my nice versatile Python and complete/fail missions. Once my ineptitude sours my standing with the Santa Muerte Co-operative then I'll swap over to cop killing.

The problem with amounting a massive bounty these days is that SJA has given each of her minions a Kill Warrant Scanner. This means that you can no longer just go away and do a bit of bounty hunting in another part of the galaxy while you wait a week for your wanted status to cool off.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Sun May 01, 2016 7:14 pm

I do believe she has upgraded the police as well though, so if a bounty hunter attacks you in a system where you are not wanted, they become wanted and are set upon. As long as there is a cop about of course (which there won't be when you need one).
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “Wing Training”