My first Python

sanctuary1952
Vulture
Ships Owned: Vera my Vulture

My first Python

Postby sanctuary1952 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:13 pm

I've been flying and enjoying my Vulture for ages now.... but it's not the best against a competent Python or Conda in PVP so I thought I'd try a Python myself.
Got one today and fitted her out for mainly combat:

http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=705,5TP5TP5TP7u67u60_g0_g0_g01Q,31B69Y7_6QB69Y8I,08c08c7UI16y16y9tQ4zM13q12G

Went to Lugh to test her on undermining Winters Fed-Aid and Fed Agents...

What a sloth she is compared to the Vulture!!!! :o

Those 3 gimballed Pulses do make short work of shields and the turreted Canons are great....but....

..it takes so much longer than the Vulture to get the target in view that by the time you have almost dealt with the target the Security ships arrive.
I encountered a Torval ncp Vulture. I have no problem dealing with Vultures in my Vulture.... but this Ncp flew rings around my Python... ( the sharp turning ability of the Vulture is a thing to behold!) ...and I barely had it's shields down before Security ships showed upand I had to retreat! Never had to do that in my Vulture.
I dread to think about how long it would take to deal with a Wing of hostile Cobras..and I've managed that in my Vulture!

I think I may have to leave the Python for PP Prep missions and yet I had such high hopes for her as a combat ship... very disappointed. :cry:
Next try out for me will be the FDL 8-)
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: My first Python

Postby Dayrth » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:12 am

I just got one too. :)

Screenshot_0041.jpg
Screenshot_0041.jpg (109.92 KiB) Viewed 2423 times

Say hello to the ARCS Epiphany Rising

I have flown a Python before and find that FA off to turn and flying backwards helps a lot.

This one wont be in combat any time soon though. It needs almost everything upgrading so will just be for sitting in the hanger and looking pretty until I have enough credits.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
sanctuary1952
Vulture

Postby sanctuary1952 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:08 pm

WoW!!
Sold the Python...bought and A fitted an FDL. Tried it out for a few hours.
Took on an assasination mission and even with a change of weapons I was unable to do it...tried 3 times..each time changing weapons loadout and returning to the mission.....
Yeah...the FDLis faster than the Vulture but .....but....
Went back to Leesti...picked up my Vulture and destroyed the target : a Python in Wing) in under 1 minute!!!

That's it for me for the moment. Back in my beautiful and punchy Vulture.... Happiness is restored.

Forgive me Vera... how could I have doubted you :(
Sealurk
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Python
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm starting to see why people say the Vulture is overpowered or underpriced if the FDL, which is basically a dedicated large combat ship, is inferior to it. The Python I could sort of understand since it's multipurpose (though it remains my goal).
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
sanctuary1952
Vulture

Postby sanctuary1952 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Sealurk wrote:I'm starting to see why people say the Vulture is overpowered or underpriced if the FDL, which is basically a dedicated large combat ship, is inferior to it. The Python I could sort of understand since it's multipurpose (though it remains my goal).

The Python definately gives you trading / delivery options that the Vulture is useless at... and for combat..players will be wary of you...but a wing of 3 eagles will run rings around a Python... I've read that type of comment from other players.
When I was interdicted 7 times by a player in a Python ( and as a combat pilot I have a lot to learn!) I had his shields down to 1 ring ( mine were all gone) before I made a very easy boost and chaff escape during the 1st interdiction...the other 6 times...I easily boosted and chaffed away while sending him smiley faces :D

I guess I love the Vulture so much and have gotten accustomed to her quirks and as a pilot I have improved my 'Vulture skills' flying her.... the Python and FDL were such a let down in comparison and if truth be told...I don't have the patiendce to try to master their quirks.... not at the moment. ;)
That failed assasination mission in the FDL was a real eye-opener.
In the Vulture, in PvP, I have to be wary and I may not be able to beat more competent Conda and other big ship pilots... but if I could...it would get boring ;)
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:37 am

Had quite a profitable afternoon yesterday fighting in Tiethay. I now have 5 million credits. Only another 46 million to go before I can buy a power plant for Epiphany. Looks like it will be quite some time before I get to fly her. Those upgrades are not cheap. :|
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:34 pm

After a very profitable excursion with Xakaz in a CZ I finally reached my first milestone. 51 million credits. Now my cherished Python has an A7 power plant. Just the power distributor, thrusters, shields, weapons, jump drive, fuel scoop, sensors, KWS and some other stuff to go. Then I will get to fly her ;)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
sanctuary1952
Vulture

Postby sanctuary1952 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Dayrth.... if I see you in Open Play whilst carrying 1710 PP merits.... I will shoot you..Python or not!!! :lol: :lol:
Sealurk
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Python
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:49 pm

sanctuary1952 wrote:Dayrth.... if I see you in Open Play whilst carrying 1710 PP merits.... I will shoot you..Python or not!!! :lol: :lol:

That... seems counter-productive. But I agree with the sentiment. That's like an ambulance crew carrying a live human heart for transplant deciding to go on a wacky adventure en route to the hospital... which in no way sounds like it could be made into a black comedy movie. Hmm...
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:30 am

16 million earned and A6 thrusters acquired :) Another 16 mil and I can have my A6 shields. Things start to get a bit cheaper after that.
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “Ships & Loadouts”