Forum Changes

If you're new to the forum and want to know what we do at ARC, introduce yourself or ask questions about the forum itself, come on in.
Sealurk
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Python
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Forum Changes

Postby Sealurk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Are there any changes you'd like to see in the forum? I already have a list of things I want - and intend - to do, but these are mostly about the appearance of the forum more than its function to give it a more polished and professional look. Here's my current ARC HQ To Do list:

• Update header with Dayrth's new logo
  • Update header with fancier text
  • Update header with screenshot graphic (edit: I have several screenshots and I'm looking into setting up a random or rotating header but it's trickier than expected)
  • Give site a favicon
  • Alter main page CSS to remove page title field but still allow website to have title
  • Look into reputation system
  • Update ranks and rank badges
  • Add rank badges
  • Enhanced security

Are there any changes in particular that you'd like to see, whether they're listed here or not? There's no guarantee of them being made, and certainly no time frame, but it would give me a roadmap for development of the board.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: Forum Changes

Postby Dayrth » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:47 am

Like all your suggestions (but I did have to look up the meaning of favicon). I am particularly keen on the idea of a rep system.

If you want any graphics done let me know.
Last edited by Dayrth on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:15 pm

It may be a bit early to be thinking about this, but then we are the Alliance... Maybe once we get a few more people over here we should implement a voting system?
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Did you mean it's early to be thinking about forum changes or about a voting system? :mrgreen:

Sorry, long day and I've just realised I haven't eaten since this morning. The proposed forum changes aren't necessarily for immediate deployment, I just want to start building up an idea of what people would like sooner rather than later, particularly in light of the 'ARC's Future' thread.
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:48 am

Early to be thinking about a voting system. We've only around 20 people and I'd hate to ask for something that requires a lot of work and is then never used.

I'm still mulling over the questions about where the ARC should be heading and what I'd like to see. One thing that I feel is important is that the we as a group should be concentrating our efforts onto one thing at a time. We have refused to take the easy route of Empire of Federation because we feel that democracy, the voice of the individual is important. This is why I'd like a democratic method of choosing our targets.

With so few of us active at the moment it's still easy to to this with straw polls.
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:47 pm

A request: I've been making some mostly cosmetic changes to the site over the past few days (hopefully with more to come) but I'm not sure how well they're working. If possible could you all post a screenshot of how the site appears to you in this thread with a description of the device, browser and OS you use to access it so that I can get an idea of what needs working on?
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Android 5.1 chrome browser.

IMG_20160208_171010_661.jpg
IMG_20160208_171010_661.jpg (163.17 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Windows 7 Chrome again (resolution was better than shown. I reduced it so that it would upload)

arc.jpg
arc.jpg (98.54 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:22 pm

Grr, that is frustrating. Looks like I've really got my work cut out for me then and also looks like I'm learning CSS and maybe HTML and/or XML!

Seems I must research responsive headers. To the Googlecave! Many thanks for those Dayrth, extremely helpful.

Return to “Orientation”