Introductions

If you're new to the forum and want to know what we do at ARC, introduce yourself or ask questions about the forum itself, come on in.
sanctuary1952
Vulture
Ships Owned: Vera my Vulture

Re: Introductions

Postby sanctuary1952 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Welcome aboard Wes ;)

A lot of work to be done over the next few months, good to have you here.
Sealurk
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Python
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Wes Garth wrote:Greetings

My name's Wes Garth.

Been sort of a hiker all over the civilized space and beyond, doing odd jobs here and there, earning my wings in various conflicts big and small.

Now however I have decided to put my ships, skills and resources I have accumulated behind Edmund Mahon and his vision for the Alliance. I fear the tensions between Federation and the Empire could spell ill for the near future so voice of reason for the common folk is what is both needed and carried in the space lanes. That is why I decided to side with Mahon.

I think a lot of folks feel the same way about Mahon - he's pretty much the only sane one of the big three powers.

Good to have you with this Wes, I look forward to winging up and taking down some Imperials with you at some point - and please accept our apologies for needing post approval, it's just a precaution and will be done with soon enough. Just read, post and enjoy the forum and you'll be a full member before you know it.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:53 am

Welcome aboard Wes :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Red Kite
Sidewinder
Ships Owned: Eagle, Cobra Mk III, Vulture, Python, Diamondback Explorer, Asp

Postby Red Kite » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi everyone, here are some of my details:

Commander name: Richard of York (my name is Richard and I come from Yorkshire), ED forum name is also Red Kite

Played the original Elite in 1984 and Elite 2. In Elite: Dangerous since August 2014 (Beta), first multi-player game I have been involved in.

Home system:LHS 2637, not far from Alioth. Keep all my ships there. I like doing a bit of everything, especially community goals, and happy to join in coordinated efforts on behalf of the Alliance. I play in Open mode most of the time. Don't like Powerplay, not pledged. I roleplay a fairly moral character, don't pirate, attack civilians or smuggle drugs or slaves, although the occasional illicit cargo may pass through my hands ("Rare artworks? No officer, not on my ship!")

Being retired with an understanding wife I usually play at least 2 hours every day at a variety of times.

See you ou there, commanders.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Welcome Richard :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Sealurk
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Python
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Good to have you here Richard, hope to see you in-game.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Red Kite
Sidewinder

Postby Red Kite » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Sealurk wrote:Good to have you here Richard, hope to see you in-game.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to attach my in-game signature as I see most of you have, but it won't appear. The image is on a dropbox public link. Any idea why that's not working?
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Red Kite wrote:

Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to attach my in-game signature as I see most of you have, but it won't appear. The image is on a dropbox public link. Any idea why that's not working?

I have the same problem with dropbox. Don't know why :(
[Remember Wheatons Law]
sanctuary1952
Vulture
Ships Owned: Vera my Vulture

Postby sanctuary1952 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Welcome Richard aka Red Kite ;)

Amongst other things ( like just having fun! ) our work here involves flipping systems over to the Alliance and .... undermining in Power Play.
You've been honest about your feelings regarding Power Play and that's appreciated and respected.
If you do change your mind and pledge to Mahon...we are in great need of good pilots to join us in taking on undermining missions each week.
As other powers expand there is no other way to halt them and as they fortify to keep control of their newly acquired systems the only way to contain them is to undermine such systems and make sure they pay a heavy price in cc's for their expansion ie. to cripple them financially.
The more we can recruit..the less time we need to spend on this. ;)
But not being pledged certainly doesn't close the door to ARC .. flipping systems is an important part of our work so once again, welcome aboard. ;)
Red Kite
Sidewinder

Postby Red Kite » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Dayrth wrote:
Red Kite wrote:

I have the same problem with dropbox. Don't know why :(

Fixed: works through imgur

Return to “Orientation”