Tips and tricks

Don't mind the noise, this place almost never experiences decompression. This is where to talk about ships, tactics, settings and loadouts.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Tips and tricks

Postby Dayrth » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:34 am

I've been playing this game for a year now and I am still learning stuff. Here's one I found out about today:

If you have shield boosters, once your shields are down, deactivate all of them. Recharge progress will fill up faster, and your shields will be back up sooner! As soon as they're up, you can reactivate all your shield boosters.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
sanctuary1952
Vulture
Ships Owned: Vera my Vulture

Re: Tips and tricks

Postby sanctuary1952 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:40 am

Awesome tip!!!!! Thank you!!!! :D
Frank
Vulture
Ships Owned: Python

I've no idea what I'm doing

Postby Frank » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:22 pm

I'm roaming about in my little buggy and I'm getting nowhere. I'd like to collect minerals to enable me to synthesise ammo; small calibre munitions. The thing is I need to find tungsten, sirconium, and mercury to manufacture them. Does anyone know where to find them? Or is it just pot luck?
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:59 am

Only guessing here, but as they are all metals try a metallic or high metal content planet.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am

Want to know how to find stuff on a planet? This is a very simple, but genius little utility :)

http://www.sandladan.nu/projects/sweep-scanner/
[Remember Wheatons Law]
smugglyquick
Eagle
In-game name: Dai Vendor
Ships Owned: Python, Conda, Asp, Vulture, and various sidewinders.

Re: I've no idea what I'm doing

Postby smugglyquick » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:52 am

Frank wrote:I'm roaming about in my little buggy and I'm getting nowhere. I'd like to collect minerals to enable me to synthesise ammo; small calibre munitions. The thing is I need to find tungsten, sirconium, and mercury to manufacture them. Does anyone know where to find them? Or is it just pot luck?

Metal Rich are the planets you're looking for. Beware of their gravity, look for ones that are 0.0 - 1.0.
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks for the advice
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:29 am

This is more of an exploit and may well get fixed in the future.

If you have your canopy blown out far from a base (and Horizons). Land on a planet. Get in to your SRV. Dismiss your ship. Recall your ship. Canopy fixed (as if by magic).
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 am

I have a problem with VoiceAttack. Everything voice attack says (text to speech responses), gets transmitted over Teamspeak. I am using headphones. No other game or computer sounds feed through. I have trawled through VoiceAttack and Teamspeak settings. I'v searched the Frontier forums and the internet. Can't find a solution. Any ideas?
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:45 am

Okay so if I've got this right the problem seems to be that because Teamspeak is voice activated, Teamspeak is registering Voice Attack's text-to-speech as a voice to transmit. The only solution I've been able to find online is to set Teamspeak to Push To Talk so that it only listens when you want it to, or else do away with Voice Attack's text to speech. I'll keep looking though in case there's an alternative solution.

At the moment I have things set up differently so my settings won't help - Voice Attack is set so that it only listens when I press a button on my throttle, the same button that mutes Teamspeak. However I don't use VA's text to speech so Teamspeak isn't transmitting anything else.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.

Return to “The Hangar”