Our time is at hand

Don't mind the noise, this place almost never experiences decompression. This is where to talk about ships, tactics, settings and loadouts.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Our time is at hand

Postby Dayrth » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:56 pm

It is nearly time for the 1.4 update to go live. When it does we will have our own faction to support and hopefully expand. The question is, how shall we go about doing that?

Obviously we can do missions for our faction, but does anyone have ideas about tactics? What should our overall strategy be? What's the best way to expand? ... etc.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Xakaz
Cobra

Re: Our time is at hand

Postby Xakaz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:01 am

I have no ideas about tactics or strategy, because I'm very bad at Elite's background simulator. But there is guys that know about background simulation a lot if not everything. I mean AEDC group. I think, it's worth to ask them to help us in tactics and strategy. I have access to AEDC forums, so, I may post a thread about reqired help.
sanctuary1952
Vulture
Ships Owned: Vera my Vulture

Postby sanctuary1952 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Clearly doing missions is a must but it might be fun to undermine any rival factions at nearby systems ( eg. CODE at Sharon Lee Free Market) and try to flip them. Also the option to expand Alliance control northwards.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:11 am

1.4 arrives tomorrow. I can't wait :D

Unfortunately I will have to be at work. Still I can sneakily download it during the day so I can jump straight in when I get home (as long as they don't wait until the evening to release it).
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:13 pm

New launcher just became available to me. Downloading now :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:20 am

Our time is not at hand :(

I logged in last night, ready to dash off crusading for ARC only to find it was not there. The factions in Zaonce had not changed and I could find no trace of ARC anywhere in game.

I immediately got on to Zac and even though the hour was late he came straight back to me. It seems there was an issue with transferring the factions from the beta to the live servers, so it is not only us who are affected. FD are aware of the problem and we can expect ARC to appear in game soon. :)

It seems I shall have to be patient (I'm not good at that).
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Statement from Zac on the forums now:

Zac Antonaci
Hey guys,

We've heard a few people saying that there are minor factions from Batch 1 that were in the Beta that are missing. I've made the dev team aware and they will look into the issue.

Hope to see ARC in the game soon :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:24 am

Had another message from Zak. Looks like we are live :D

Already had contact from AEDC. They are concerned that we may harm Mahons income if we expand in the area, but I think we can come up with a strategy to avoid this. After all, it's not something we want to do either.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:56 am

Just had confirmation from AEDC. We are in game and we have been updated to a Cooperative :)
I am more comfortable with that than with being Corporate.
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “The Hangar”