Software

Don't mind the noise, this place almost never experiences decompression. This is where to talk about ships, tactics, settings and loadouts.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Software

Postby Dayrth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:11 pm

I have recently made myself a couple of utilities for ED and thought I would make them available for anyone who wanted to use them. If I should write anything else in future I will add it to the thread. If anyone else has anything they would like to share please feel free to post it here.

Before downloading please read the disclaimer below. Although I will test any software I publish here as thoroughly as I can, I will only be testing on my PC with my current OS so cannot guarantee that it will work for everyone.

DISCLAIMER:
This software is provided "as is" and without any warranties expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. By downloading this software you expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Software is at your sole risk.
In no event shall the author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this software or documentation, even if the author has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Any feedback given to the author will be treated as non-confidential. The author may use any feedback free of charge without limitation.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Explorers Log

Postby Dayrth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:16 pm

I thought it would be fun to try making an explorer's log of my own (just to see if I could). I came up with this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy6tfv82ot6ljn3/Explorers%20Log.zip?dl=0

[Tested on Windows 7]

It doesn't do anything clever and does not integrate with anything else, but it works and I can easily customise it to suit myself. :)
Clicking the 'Record System' button will enter all the systems you have visited since the last time you clicked the button. I like to note which systems have scoopable stars and which are first discovered by me (the FD and Scoop check boxes). The main star type and the number of types of planets/moons (though I have not bothered recording those unless it is something unusual), and make notes of anything worth noting. It automatically records the system name and time and date of arrival. You can view the systems as a list or individually. You can sort the list in any order you want. Use any search criteria you want to make a found set and export all or any data in any format you want.

In the latest version, you can switch between the classic ED theme and a Horizons theme for the UI.

log.jpg
log.jpg (71.96 KiB) Viewed 843 times

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (36.29 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Last edited by Dayrth on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

HUD Colour

Postby Dayrth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:26 pm

I have been flying with a nice, easy to read green HUD for ages now, but thought I might like to try playing about with the colour again. I occurred to me that a utility that made switching colours easy and enabled me to store colours would be a good thing. So here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sl2vj4iigre1iv/HUD.zip?dl=0

[Tested on Windows 7]

I have included some preset HUD colours and you can add as many of your own as you like. You can also switch between normal and extended colour settings .Once you have set the path to your graphics configuration folder you can quickly change HUD colour at the click of a button. Be advised though that the colour showing in Elite won't change until you quit and restart the game. You can call up a preview of your settings in the fantastic arkku hud editor by clicking the preview button. You will need to be online for this to work though.

presetDetail.JPG
presetDetail.JPG (42.44 KiB) Viewed 843 times

CustomDetail.JPG
CustomDetail.JPG (66.62 KiB) Viewed 843 times

presetList.JPG
presetList.JPG (56.88 KiB) Viewed 843 times
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “The Hangar”