ED News

The place for all general ARC and Elite: Dangerous discussion
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: ED News

Postby Dayrth » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:36 pm

The results are in, and I for one am very pleased :)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ll-Results

39,902 people voted, of which 38,045 have validated Elite Dangerous accounts. We’d like to thank you for your participation.

Seventy percent of the vote was in favour of having delivery times.

This result has helped us confirm our decision to move away from having instant ship transfer, which we arrived at after much internal discussion, helped in part by vigorous debate on our forums, Reddit, etc.

It’s always great to be able to include feedback from you, the Commanders who play Elite: Dangerous, and we feel this has been a positive experience.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Sealurk
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Python
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:18 pm

2.2 Beta to commence Tuesday 20th September.

Yep, this coming Tuesday.

Next week.

Like, soon(tm).
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:17 pm

:D
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Well it looks as if the fates want me to get an early night, Sealurk

Just after you said you were going to retire for bed at a sensible hour, I landed at Vitto Station. It was orbitting an unclaimed earthlike planet. A worthy prize indeed. I was going to spend a few more minutes claiming that prize when... the game crashed on me.

A sign that it's time for bed if ever I saw one <grin>
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:22 am

That was probably network issues caused by too many people trying to download the beta. I was one of them for a while, but gave up eventually. I'll try again this evening.

Have you seen the change log for 2.2 :shock:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ta-is-live

I've read some, but it will take a while to get through it all, and they have already released the first patch:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... 2-update-1

Thats before I have manage to download the release or even finish reading the first change log. I cant keep up.

A few things that caught my eye:

- Fighters can be given orders
- Mothership can be given simple orders when player is in a fighter
(cool :))

- Biological entities added
- POIs can now be persistant (applies to new geological and organic features)
- Mysterious things added
(hmmm)

- Limpet blueprints added
- Scanners (KWS, Cargo, Wake) blueprints added
- Defences (ECM, Chaff, Heat Sinks, and Point Defence Turrets) blueprints added
- Utilities (Life Support, Fuel Scooping, Refinery, AFM) blueprints added
- Added new Engineers
(Didn't know this was comming :))

- Implementation of patch-based planet rendering on the system and planet maps
(See surface inprovements below)

- Ships can be scanned for wanted passengers
(might be interesting)

- Mysterious things added
(There it is again....)

- Add a method for semi-automatically replotting a route to the previous destination, if the route was lost after logging out of the game or jumping away from the route
(Really could have used this when I was off exploring)

- Added "Press BUTTON to abort" to the jump-to-system info, where BUTTON is the most relevant of the various FSD input bindings
(Read this over several times but still I don't know what this means)

- Mission cargo can be sold on the black market
(handy if picking up missions for an enemy that you want to fail)

- Rebalanced interdiction difficulty based on AI pilot skill
(may be good, may be bad)

- Fix case where dropping to a wing beacon in a ring would leave the player at their current location rather than the beacon
(Hurrah!)

- POIs can now contain landed ships
(might be interesting)

- Ice surface material improvements
- Rocky surface material improvements
- Metal surface material improvements
(I like nice scenery :))

Couple of things that didn't get in. Module storage and selling is in the notes, but not active in the beta. Hopefully it will be before it goes live.
CQC assets not mentioned. We may have to wait for another update before flying around the arenas.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:44 pm

Took me a ludicrous amount of time to finally get the beta installed, with multiple attempts, alternative download methods, clearing the cache and trying to find the current partial download to wipe it and start over, and very, very slow download speeds.

Went in-game briefly to find myself back in the Pleiades next to a crashed non-human ship and under a Majestic class... and several hundred light years removed from Zaonce. Made most of the trek back, love the new jump animations and features, intrigued by the new role panel, but looking forward to trying more features properly tonight. Assuming I can stay awake long enough.

And yes, those patch notes were awesome.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 am

Your doing better than I am. Eventually gave up again last night so still haven't got the beta :( Will try again tonight. It's got to calm down a bit soon, right?
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:01 am

Got it. At last :) Only had a few minutes in the beta but I do like the new graphics and I really like the new audio. I have have a proper look on Sunday when I'm back.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:27 am

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... Dev-Update

Coming to a game near you week ending 26th Feb:

Multicrew
When joining a crew, a Commander will log out of their current vessel and transfer to the multicrew vessel, regardless of distance. They can also leave at any time (or be evicted by the ship’s owner) at which point they can return to where their ship was last, making the whole affair a very friendly, drop in – drop out procedure.

Helm, Gunner and Fighter Con Roles
The ship’s owner always takes the role of helm and control NPC fighter pilots. There can be up to two additional crewmembers.

The gunner Take control of all turreted weapons on the ship. Using a third person interface, they control a reticule that all turrets within their arc will automatically follow, and lets them activate advanced scanners (such as the kill warrant scanner) and missile launchers in any direction.

The fighter con Launch and control a fighter, even if the helm has already launched a fighter using NPC crew. This allows multicrew ships to have two fighters active at a time. In addition, both crewmembers can take on the fighter con role, meaning three human controlled ships can be flying at the same time.

Additional Multicrew Benefits
Every crewmember also has access to a power distributor pip that they can assign dynamically. This is in addition to the standard pips that the helm controls.

All bounties and vouchers that the helmsman (ship owner) receives are duplicated for each crewmember. Any crime that the ship suffers is applied to all crewmembers equally. But when a Commander leaves or ends a session, the crew will have the option of avoiding taking the crimes with them, but in doing so, will lose all credits earned.

Commander Creator
Commanders will be able to create a unique avatar using a wide variety of options, and with a new, fully-fledged camera system, they’ll be able to view themselves and their crew in real time.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Beta delayed :(

Senior Community Manager
Frontier Employee
2.3 Beta Release News
Hi everyone,

The team have been working really hard to get the 2.3 beta ready for release, but there are a few issues we’re still trying to iron out before it’s ready for public testing. For that reason we’re now aiming to release the 2.3 beta this coming Monday 27th February.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this causes, thank you for your patience and we’re looking forward to giving you hands on with the beta next week.

Ed

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... lease-News
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “The Ready Room”