Stupid stupid stupid.

The place for all general ARC and Elite: Dangerous discussion
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Stupid stupid stupid.

Postby Dayrth » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:26 am

There are many daft mistakes you can make in ED. Flying in to a station without requesting docking permission, face planting in to a planet, logging out in an asteroid field, hitting boost instead of gear down and many, many more. I'm sure most of us have done some of these, and some of us (like me), have done most of these. Thursday night though I made the biggest mistake yet. SO bad that I still can't quite believe I did it.

I was looking through the galaxy map in PP mode, thinking about doing some undermining. I selected ALD and apparently clicked somewhere I didn't intend to. A message popped up on the screen. Being impatient I just hit OK to get rid of it. Just as it closed my brain caught up with the my impatience and with horror it dawned on me what I had done. I had just defected to ALD :shock: Anyone who knows my attitude to the Empire will have an idea how sickening this realisation was.

I rushed to the PP menu and unpledged as quick as I could, but the damage had already been done. Of course Mahon would not have me back. I don't know how long before I can pledge again, but I checked yesterday and still no go. :( Not only that though. I now keep running in to loyal Mahon supporters trying to hunt me down as a traitor. Not wanting to fight them (and make things even worse), I find myself running away a lot.

Anyone know how long I will have to wait before I can rejoin the fold?
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: Stupid stupid stupid.

Postby Dayrth » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:53 am

Well I got my answer. Last night I was allowed to re pledge to Mahon. I was left out in the cold for five days. Not a mistake I shall make again.
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “The Ready Room”