Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

War in Aasgaa

Postby Sealurk » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Didn't get to do much towards this, barely an hour in game... much of which was spent travelling and not fighting as I needed to claim bounties and get to Aasgaa. Some server issues and some sneaky planet issues ensued.

Lesson learned: don't point out a Corvette target in a HI CZ to your wingman, realise it's Elite and forget to tell him you've decided against it and shoot at a Gunship instead. Stronger words than "oops" may have been used, particularly since I spent much of the next few minutes dead in the water with non-stop "power limit exceeded", "thermal attack" and "module disabled" messages as I watched my hull count down. Luckily I just barely managed to scramble away, minus four fifths of my hull and half my modules.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Frank
Vulture
Ships Owned: Python

Re: War in Aasgaa

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:38 am

I shouldn't have been so gung-ho. I guess I was just wanting to show up the difference between fighting in a war and fighting as a bounty hunter where we have to wait for the KWS. Once I picked a fight with the ship I had to spend the time to finish it off. I didn't want to come running to the rescue with an angry muckle Corvette in tow.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:49 am

Sorry I had to leave early guys.

Never seen so many corvettes in one place. Started out as great fun taking them down, but once the gunships and vultures join in and gang up on you... When I did manage to get out I had 17% hull left. Don't think I would have lasted 5 minutes if we hadn't been in a wing.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:24 am

You saw I was coming in just as you left. Sealurk left afterwards, and I was left in the CZ by myself. Luckily no other Corvettes spawned but I still found the High CZ a little bit much on my own. What I ended up doing was just gorging myself on shield cells and then heading off to Obruchev Settlement to restock. If anyone knows of a more gentle war zone please let me know.

Having Obrechev as an ARC station gives us a good leverage point for taking over Aasgaa, if we wanted to. I don't know how we'd feel about another conquest after Santa Muerte, but I thought I'd just put it out there <grin>
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Those rotters have now got a capital ship helping them <sigh>
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Really? Dang it. Two or three of us probably aren't going to be enough. We might need to get more ARC pilots if we're going to rout a Farragut.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Three of us might be enough, although of course the more the merrier. One is definitely not enough <sigh> but I think my deaths might point a way towards a tactic...

Don't pick a side immediately. Wait until the capital ship leaps in, sub-target one of its turrets, destroy it as quickly as possible and then jump out of there before your shields fail. If there's two of us on that task then we should make sure we're both targeting the same turret before we choose sides and blast away.

One of us has to stay in the CZ to stop the Farragut from respawning. I hope that can be done from a distance, but if not, the capital ship is big enough to fit a Fer-de-Lance inside it.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:59 am

I should have remembered this from last time, but I didn't :( Jumping in to a CZ, picking a side then getting the crap kicked out of me while destroying a few enemy ships does exactly NOTHING for the faction. All you get for your trouble is a bit of cash. You have to pick up combat missions from your faction before it will help them. I could not find a combat mission from ARC all evening. I ended up taking other types of missions to try and boost ARC's standing as it is still falling. Ended up doing 8 million credits worth of missions though, so hopefully it will help.

P.S. Eight million credits in two hours. Just from picking up missions from one faction in one outpost. Wow! I remember struggling for months trying to make my first million.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:27 am

I thought this was a bug that had been fixed? I can remember doing this a few months ago but I thought everything was okay now?
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:18 am

Judging by the way ARC influence is plummeting, I don't think it has been fixed, unless someone is working against us. Can someone have a look at ARC rep today and let me know what it is? If the missions I did yesterday had any effect it will help to answer this question.
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “The Ready Room”