Alliance Combat CG in Arque

The place for all general ARC and Elite: Dangerous discussion
Frank
Vulture
Ships Owned: Python

Re: Alliance Combat CG in Arque

Postby Frank » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:36 pm

Something I forgot when we were doing our photoshoot is that I usually Ieave my mirror screen on the lowest resolution to try and keep my framerate up. This is the shot I took...

I feel like that bloke who punched Houdini in the stomach.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:05 am

Trying to split my (limited) time between two commanders at the moment, but I did manage to get to Arque and sign up for the CG yesterday. I even managed to accumulate a few bounties to hand in in a hi-res. It can get hectic in there can't it :shock:
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:01 am

Still splitting my time, but did manage a good session in Arque yesterday. 1.5 million in bounties handed in and straight up to top 25% :) Hopefully I can keep it up there.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:05 am

I'm hoping to get on again tonight and tomorrow, but in both cases it probably won't be before about 8pm, so if anybody's about and in the A-R-C group I'm happy to wing up.

Oh, and I finally made Deadly. Not long now!
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:47 am

I will be on tonight. If I am still about at 8 I'll see you there. :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:12 am

I'll try and make it for 8:00 as well. It'll be good to team up with someone with a KWS. I'm loathe to give up one of my shield boosters for a slot.

Congratulations on your promotion Sealurk. The ARC is now officially a force to be reckoned with <grin>

...right on commander
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:28 am

I don't have a KWS either :(

That is the only trouble with a Python, not enough utility mounts. I had to give mine up in favour of a point defence. A must now that missiles are effective and NPCs use them so much.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:18 pm

The progress in that CG is very nearly staggering - we're halfway to the very last tier, with just shy of twelve thousand commanders participating, and at least two ARC members in the top 10%... and we've still got tomorrow and technically Thursday to complete this! Okay, short of pulling a sickie on Thursday it won't mean much in terms of contributions but that is very impressive nonetheless, not least because Alliance combat CGs tend to fail at a lower tier.

Frank and I stuck around for a few more minutes, took out a Conda and his Asp sidekick in a bit of slightly confusing and awkward target-switching (not my greatest tactical suggestion, it has to be said) then headed for ATS. I'll try and get online for one last evening of laser-related shenanigans tomorrow (assuming the CG doesn't finish prematurely) and I'll try to spend as much of the evening as possible hunting, particularly since we're doing so well overall.
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:36 am

I do believe that the CG will finish very soon.. but the fighting continues. We now have a little war going on at AASGAA. The good thing about a war zone is that the tactics are nice and simple... if it moves, kill it!
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:59 am

Colour me impressed, I didn't think the CG would finish this soon - I actually thought it would be a much closer thing. That's the first Alliance combat CG (that I'm aware of) that's not only made it to the final tier, but completed ahead of time... and we helped!

I shall try to get to Aasgaa tonight and do something to directly help ARC. After that I think I'll be visiting the engineers and prowling around for other wars with Alliance factions, like we used to do when we first started ARC.

Return to “The Ready Room”